Thursday 3 November 2011

Another Nutso Day !

Don't you think it's a bit odd when the first thing you think of in the morning when you wake is, 'I'll get the sewing machine turned on and the iron warmed up in just a minute.' 

For goodness sake child, get some breakfast first, and at least get out of your nightie and brush your teeth. 

Today alterations consisted of four pairs of trousers, all being taken up, and two skirts that need a tuck in here and there.  For some reason, I'm the only one on this planet, (I feel) that's not shrinking.  Also cancelled my appointment with the physio guy (shame as he is a bit of a hunk), due to a cold.  So instead of physiotherapy, I went to the fabric shop.  Had to buy four spools of thread to match the four pairs of pants that needed shortening.  I couldn't believe that with all the threads I've got, nothing matched.  Of course, it wasn't just the thread I came home with, but no one but me needs to know that. 

Well, I'm off to bed shortly, and no.....I didn't get everything done today, so tomorrow it's more clothing work before quilting fun.  But come heck or high water, by high noon, I'll be searching my stash for the perfect fabrics to complete those infamous block swaps and postcards that are calling. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh we do need to know Tessa! What else did you buy in that lovely shop?

    ReplyDelete